(Un) Heard Voices is based on the results of a focus group with Asian immigrant women and Asian American women from different backgrounds.
The following Voices from the Focus Group comprise the main sections:
- Prevalence of domestic violence in Asian communities;
- Is domestic violence cultural?
- Who are the victims and perpetrators?
- Is Calling the Police an Option?
- Is Calling the Hotline an Option?
- Barriers Confronting Asian Battered Women
- What should happen to the batterers?
- Is Domestic Violence a Public Matter?
- What Can the Community do to Stop the Violence?
- What Kinds of Services would make a Difference?
The report includes major recommendations to service providers and the Appendix Section includes national listing of organizations devoted to Asian battered women.
This publication is available as a digital download only.