WHO ARE WE ?
For almost two decades, the National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence (HRC) has supported health care professionals, domestic violence experts, survivors, and policy makers at all levels as they improve health care’s response to domestic violence.
The HRC is funded by a grant from the Family Violence Prevention & Services Program, Family & Youth Services Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and is a member of the Domestic Violence Resource Network.
THE HRC OFFERS:
- Personalized, expert technical assistance via email, fax, phone, postal mail and face-to-face at professional conferences and meetings around the nation. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-678-5500.
- An online toolkit for health care providers and DV advocates to prepare a clinical practice to address domestic and sexual violence, including screening instruments, sample scripts for providers, patient and provider educational resources: IPVHealth.org.
- A step-by-step online guide for community health centers on building partnerships with DV/SA advocacy, addressing violence in health centers, and promoting prevention: IPVHealthPartners.org.
- Survivor health access and policy advocacy updates and information.
- A free E-Bulletin highlighting innovative and emerging practices in addition to well-documented and rigorously evaluated interventions.
- A free webinar series with expert presenters, and cutting-edge topics.
- A biennial National Conference on Health and Domestic Violence —a scientific meeting at which health, medical and domestic violence experts and leaders explore the latest health research and programmatic responses to domestic violence.
- Online access to the Health Material Index.
- Educational Videos for health care providers and advocates on the intersection of health and violence and helping survivors.
- A Health Resource Guide for free materials available through our online store.
- Continuing Education credits for select live webinars, trainings and activities.